Sunday, September 10, 2006

NEW!!!

Till few days ago.. the word "New" was not a frequently used word in my life. There were very few things that i was experiencing or hearing or talking were "New". And if i got something new i uesed to be happy..
But in last couple of weeks.... whatever i am facing, experiencing is NEW.. my every movement, avery action... every second is bringing me somthing "New".. something that i never experienced.. and now if i come across something "Old".. i feel really old is gold :)

First new thing that came into my circumference of concern is the city itself "NEW york".. (the word new starts from here itself.. :)... the day my boss told me that with in few week u need to fly to New york.. the world around me started moving.. till that point it was so routine that this line from boss just shaken normal lifestyle.. office also didnt allowed me wait and think and within 2 weeks i was ready with Stamped VISA. And is been told that with in a week i will be flying.. So for my preparation i got just one week (without any holiday ofcourse)..

Ohh i had to complete so many things.. i wanted to meet so many ppl .. luckily most of the ppl i had met a week before.. but still some were remaining.. but i was helpless. i had just 6 days to pack my old world in two bags (each of 32kgs ;) ) and proceed to new world :D.. so it was not me alone but my entire family, friends and office mates working for me.. sab log kaam pe lag gaye..
Offiec mein daily topic was wht to take along with and what to keep there itself..:D how to go.. whom to contact.. what to eat.. who are ppl there.. their tradition n all.. also they were helping a lot by not assigning much work to me :D
On the other front my parent were verry busy in shopping.. only for cloths and shoes i did shopping myself.. baki sab unpe chhod diya.. beside this i was very very tense abouts documets and procedures (as usual).. all office mates wee busy in minimizing the tensions...

beside this, log milke jaa rhe the.. my aunt came to meet me all the way from Pune.. Ppl calling me from long distances.. i was truly touched.. Ghar pe toh khub care li jaa rhi thi.. i was treated like a king for last week :D..
And after very long week with all tensions, curiocity, "fear of unknown" and excitement of journey THE DAY arrived.

it was really "THE DAY".. since morning i was feeling for every action, that this is my last action in india for next few months.. or may be couple of years.. :D... full alag lag raha thaa.. went to office as usual.. got plane tickets.. sab office public ko bye bye .. everything was different.. everything was pleasent .. still there was fear of unknown somewhee deep in mind.. as it was friday. i didnt miss the non-canteen day.. ;).. had lunch outside.. Anu (as usual) cheered and lowered my tension.... after saying bye to shubham, anu and jepsi.. it was turn of project ppl.. their wonderful farewell with good wishes .. everything was nice.. Manjusha, ashwini and anish came to say bye bye till bus.. it was so nice geasture..

At home all packing packing and packing till last minute.. The friends arrived at home.. and then we went to airport.. and the journey of "NEW" things begins.. the air journey for completely new for me.... all family members, and very dearest friends came there to see me.. i was about to be in tears when i was saying goodbye to them.. but as usual i contrlled my feelings to be shown (sorry guys i rarey show my feelings :D).. after this emotional scene.. it was the imegration, customs etc.. and then in the Air Palne.. a new thing.. airoplane was nice.. first half till london i got non window eat to appriciate inner beaties of plane ;).. luckiyly a sweet gal was beside (in matter of gals.. mostly luck is with my side )... though we talked lil.. as she was sleeping all the time..

Then at london we had to come down to heathrow.. a verrrrrrrrry confusing airport.. again all security check .. but till now in plane there were very less "gora" public.. but even after london.. most public was "Desi" only.. may be air india was the reason... but let me tell you i like the moment when plane landed or took off from london.. it is very neat city..and the day was clear.. i could clearly see london bridge.. big ben and parliament house before landing and after take off.. it was really great.. finally i touched the land of british ;)..

my next and final stop was new york... JFK.. the sirport tht i had seen in many movies.. i was going to see actually.. and it was really nice.. the process of immegration and customs was very smooth... bags also got in 15-20 mins.. so i was set to head towards New york city..
My booking was in RAMADA hotel in jersery city.. and a lemo was booked for me for transportation.. it was nice.. the first sight of city was nothing but tallllllll towers and skyscrapers... and toooooooo much cars on road.. moving very fast.. and inopposite directions than india...:D

we crossed some bridge. it was same like brooklyn bridge (kal ho na ho).. but it was not that.. (earlier i thot it is the same :) ) and i reached the new york .. the birth place of american dream.. the door of capitalism.. the gateway of america.. the most metropolitian and biggest cityof world was welcoming me with its own pace.. own light and own style.. and really like this first sight of city... it was going to be "My city" for next year...

TO BE CONTINUED in dedicated blog....
(If you want to read more New York experience Stories Visit my dedicated Blog
http://mynewyorkvisit.blogspot.com/)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home